The task of the session was to look back on the previous two semesters and put into perspective how much we have developed for our thought out goals- a progress report of sorts. Our teacher stressed the importance of introspection and gave us a chance to reflect on the last two semesters as a learning curve, i.e., how much closer we have come to achieving it or in my case, what realisations have brought upon by these two semesters and the modules we have completed. Putting my interests into perspective made me understand that I am leaning towards creative direction rather than an editorial position.
Learning the importance of introspection also allowed me to analyse myself as an entity to find where my values lie, which brings me to my personal SWOT analysis on Natasha Rodrigues.
- Hard skills- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Great orator- communication and presentation skills
- Ability to improve
- Team player
- Able to take initiative
- Quick learner
- Enthusiastic worker
- Difficulty with new languages
- A tendency to procrastinate
- Do a graphic design course
- Competitions and content creation opportunities in colleges will me some practical experience
- Take part in more competitions to gain exposure
- Networking opportunity at Design Finland 100 summit in Helsinki
- Improve Adobe software video editing skills
- Lack of a graphic design degree
- Lack of experience in the field
- Students with better degrees applying for the same position
- lack of contacts in the country
I am constantly learning and changing with each semester, adapting my ambitions towards my interests. My Swot allowed me to gauge what position I am currently in, more over it allowed me to understand what I lack and how I can attain what I need to get one step closer to my goals.